Planning Consultants in the South East - Impact Planning Services Ltd
Impact Planning Services was established by Robert Gillespie BA (Hons) MRTPI in 2006. Robert has been a planning practitioner since 1979 and has been in consultancy for 25 years. Robert decided to establish his own planning consultancy following an extensive and varied career commencing in local government, moving to the private sector in 1984, having been a partner with one of the UK's leading planning consultancies (Chapman Warren), director of a major multi disciplinary environmental consultancy (RPS Planning Transport and Environment) and finally director of a specialist urban regeneration company. Robert is also the Managing Director of the Environment Bank Ltd which is the UK's first company to promote habitat banking or "conservation credits" as a new concept in environmental mitigation. He established this company with Professor David Hill in 2007. Robert has also recently served as a Trustee of the Town and Country Planning Association.
Impact Planning Services Ltd provides a wide range of clients with experienced advice in relation to all aspects of town and country planning. This includes:
- The preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications for all forms of development
- Design and Access Statements
- The assessment of development potential, analysis of site constraints and opportunities
- The promotion of strategic sites and related policy within Regional Spatial Strategies (RSS)
- The promotion of sites within Local Development Frameworks (LDF)
- The preparation, submission and presentation of appeals. The Practice has extensive experience in public inquiry cases
- Instructions to Counsel
- Detailed assessment of development implications for Listed Buildings, Conservation Areas, Scheduled Ancient Monuments and Archaeological sites.
- Enforcement , Advertisement Consent, Tree Preservation Orders, public rights of way and Diversion Orders
- Community Infrastructure Levy and section 106 agreements
- Expert witness and presentation of evidence
The Company draws upon considerable experience of working with both the public and private sectors and has clients who range from local planning authorities, to private developers, house building companies, private individuals, parish councils, amenity societies, residents groups, wildlife trusts, educational institutions, hotel and restaurant chains, sports clubs, and leading architectural practices.Impact Planning Services has been appointed to Sport England's planning consultancy farmework agreement.
The Company prides itself in being a good "team player" working alongside other team members such as architects, engineers, environmental specialists, transport planners etc. The detailed appreciation of each and every aspect of the specialist inputs to any particular project is particularly important and the Company prides itself in studying and assessing the detailed implications of projects and in delivering a fully informed response. This is particularly important in relation to master planning, environmental assessments and co ordination. The Company pursues reality and delivery in all of its work.